Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Devil To Pay

The Devil is out to get me.

I spent 35 minutes in his overheated den of rising prices, gathering merchandise that was not the brand or size that I had bought the previous week. Funny how the stuff you like disappears, and The Devil's Own brand pops up.

At 11:35, I pulled into a check-out line. For the first time in a long time, I was next in line. But the customer had issues. The checker kept going out to her cart and scanning things still in it. I hopped two lanes over, to the next open checker. I was next to next in line. It moved a little faster. For a minute. I went back. I got discouraged again and hopped back to my second choice. Then somebody got behind me, and I was stuck.

At 11:51, I was all rung up and paying.

THAT IS 16 MINUTES IN LINE AT THE DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND, WAITING TO PAY!!!

I hate The Devil like the devil.

2 comments:

labbie1 said...

Well at least you are back to the normal Devil day and not like when you went on the WRONG day! ;-)

I know what you mean about hating! I mean I could write a missive about the abuse!

Hope your week goes well!

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
Yes, it WAS better on the regular day. Though there were still too many ride-a-cart beeping meanies clogging up the aisles.

My week is off to an "interesting" start. I think I'll tell you about it. NEXT!