Friday, August 12, 2011

The Good News, Bad News Editiion

Let's switch things up. Because I'm a rebel that way. This is going to be the Bad News, Good News edition.

Bad News-the power went off at the Mansion this afternoon during a thunderstorm.
Good News-it came right back on.

Bad News-my mini flashlight was not where I left it.
Good News-I found it a few feet away on the #1 son's computer desk.

Bad News-my New Delly shut down lickety-split.
Good News-last night, I saved the 10 files I've been leaving open.

Bad News-The Pony and I went to Great Clips for haircuts after lunch.
Good News-I had two coupons for $3.00 off. And we were not scalped.

Bad News-my haircuttress called a little girl back, put her in the chair, combed through her hair, called a colleague...and sent the little girl out the door.
Good News-she had already cut my hair, and I was waiting for The Pony.

Bad News-my Pizza Hut plastic cup had a chip in the rim.
Good News-I did not slice my lip on it, so I did not have to devote many Hillbilly Mom-hours to suing the entire franchise for pain, suffering, and disfigurement.


2 comments:

labbie1 said...

Whew! Sounds like all had a happy ending and you didn't get scalped or disfigured! It's a good day!

PS--Um, I think I am dense, but she combed the little girl's hair, called a colleague and sent he girl out the door? Does this mean she screwed the mother out of a cut or were there little backpackers hitching a ride? Just asking...

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
Judging from the amount of disinfectant she sprayed on the chair, and how fast she scuttled to the bathroom to wash her hands, my guess is the little backpackers scenario.