Thursday, October 8, 2020

10:00 PM Shenanigans

"If you thought you heard an entity upstairs last night around 10:00, it was only me. I heard something while Dad was at the auction, so I looked out the front door. Jack and Juno were on the porch. Jack wanted petting. He's so cute! While I was standing in the door petting him, Juno ran past me!"
 
"She never does that! Won't even come in when there's a tornado! You can't coax her in."
 
"She did this time! She came over by the short couch, and was sniffing the carpet like she was looking for you."
 
"Aww... that's my Sweet, Sweet Juno."
 
"I just wanted you to know. It was nothing paranormal. Just Juno galloping around. She didn't want to leave, and I was pushing on her side trying to force her back to the door."
 
That Juno! She's been extra needy lately. I don't know what's going on with her. The other day on the side porch, she was so eager to jam her nose into my neck to be petted, she got a thumping. Not on purpose. I was coming down the steps sideways, hands on the rail, purse draped over my arm... and she darted in before I knew it. ("Your elbow drove into her skull!" said Tom, pointedly.)
 
I'm pretty sure it hurt Juno. She shook her head, like she does when she rams it into the metal chair, or GassyG Jr the BBQ grill, while frolicking rambunctiously at the mention of a TREAT. 

I wonder if Juno is going through a late-life crisis.

5 comments:

River said...

How old is Juno now? She may be going through something age related. Not to worry you, but my daughter's near-feral cat got needy and cuddly when she was about 19. The cat was 19, not my K. Then when cat was a few weeks shy of 21, she died in her sleep. Give Juno all the extra attention she needs while you still can? but don't go overboard with it or you will have no time for yourself.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Juno is getting up there. I think she's 9-10 years old. She hasn't started graying around her muzzle yet. I treat her like the favorite, even pushing Jack out of the way to pet her extra. Of course Juno is pretty good about pushing Jack out of the way herself! She's 3 times his size! It's like she's insecure about getting her share of love, and FOOD!

River said...

9-10 in people years is 52-56 in dog years.

River said...

wait, it depends on dog size, a big girl like Juno is probably in the 23-40kg size range which would make her 61-66 dog years old. Smaller, like 10-22kg is 56-60 dog years old.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I didn't know that! Yes, I think Juno is around 50 pounds, which would put her in the 61-66 age range. She IS slow getting stretched out to run around when she leaves her house. Old and creaky, like me!