Thursday, October 29, 2020

Dread Night

There are a couple nights a year that I dread. This year, even more so. This is Doctor's Appointment Eve. Technically, it is Nurse Practitioner Appointment Eve. I really don't want to go, but I HAVE to go, to seek my drugs. One thyroid pill, a heart-slower, and a blood pressure lowerer. Nothing relaxing or recreational. I've been on them for many years. 

Here's the thing. I DON'T want to go into a VIRUS-ridden facility. Supposedly, they separate the normal people and the infecteds. Last time, there was a temperature check and a 3rd-degree inquisition at the door. So I guess that's in my favor. I'll be taking my own fabric mask, rather than strapping on one of their paper masks, probably boughten from CHINA, that gave me a two-day headache, earache, and sore throat after my last appointment in May. I'm pretty sure it was from re-inhaling my own mouth bacteria over and over, but you never know.

Now for the fun part, heh, heh! Not really fun, only fun because it means the END of my appointment.

WE ARE GOING TO VOTE!

Uh huh. While we're over in Bill-Paying Town at my appointment, we'll stop by Election Central, the county's early-voting facility, which happens to be in a strip-mall-looking former doctors' office plaza across from Farmer H's old hospital. Which was closed several years ago, due to mold and losing money. So now our county has only one hospital. Mold-free, though. Probably scamming money now.

Anyhoo... it's open 8:00 to 6:00, processes about 400 voters per day. I sure don't want to stand in line on actual voting day. There's no room to make a line around the block at the old church where we vote! You'd have to stand on the edge of a two-lane blacktop state lettered highway!
 
We're making it a family affair. Everybody rides along for my 8:30 appointment. Then off to vote. The Pony's second time, I think. Not sure he voted in 2016, but he was eligible.

Now I'm off to worry some more. I HATE going to the doctor nurse practitioner. My prescriptions got royally messed up last time. And he didn't order the regular six-month blood test, even though I had fasted. I'm going to have to give him a piece of my mind this time. But I don't really want to go to the lab for a blood test. There might be INFECTEDs in the waiting area!

But by the time you read this, IT WILL ALL BE OVER!

2 comments:

River said...

I don't think your headache etc would be caused by breathing back your own mouth bacteria, more likely something to do with the actual mask construction, maybe they douse them in disinfectant before packaging them.
Anyway, I'm glad by now the whole ordeal of NP and Voting is over and hopefully none of your scripts are mixed up.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
So far, no headache, after using MY OWN mask this time. Tales still to come.