Monday, September 16, 2024

Gassing Up The Pony

The Pony needs fuel to complete the daily 11-mile walking route. I picked him up on Sunday afternoon for our planned "shopping trip" which was a thinly-disguised effort to give me a workout in the grocery store. It went well. The Pony bought some foodstuffs, and I felt energized walking around the store pushing my cart/walker. It was a good knee day.

Anyhoo... I had gone an hour earlier than our usual meeting time, because The Pony had plans for supper. I mistakenly thought The Pony was cooking, but found out the plans involved meeting a friend at a Mexican restaurant.

"It's a new place out on the highway. I was actually there last night, too. One of my friends is going through a breakup, so I took her out to dinner."

That's our Pony! A really good egg, there to comfort a friend during hard times.

Anyhoo... later that evening, The Pony sent me a picture of his meal:


According to The Pony, it's a burrito, with tilapia, beans, rice, and some salsa. I don't see all that in the picture. Perhaps that's the contents of the burrito. Though I've never heard of fish in a burrito.

Anyhoo... I'm happy that The Pony had time to kick up his heels before returning to the grindstone.

2 comments:

River said...

You've raised a decent respectful young man there. Five gold stars to you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Thanks. The Pony was easy to raise. Not a squeaky wheel at all. I'd like to take the credit, but The Pony pretty much raised himself. Quietly. With no fuss.

The Pony said that those ingredients were indeed inside the burrito. With the "sides" on the plate being pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, and some lettuce with cheese crumbles. Also, they had chips and salsa while waiting for the meal to arrive.