Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Pony Is Not A Mudder

It's Friday, and we're getting 2 inches of rain from the spiraled-around tail-end of that hurricane, I guess. Our weather is actually backwards, with rain coming out of the southeast. Poor Pony was a bit sad during our morning chat at 6:00 a.m.

"It's going to be ALL DAY. Until about 8:00 tonight. I'm NOT looking forward to it."

"Well, I guess all you can say is that it's better than 110 degree weather."

"Just barely."

"PLEASE be careful. Take it slower. I don't want you to slip again."

"Believe me, if I slip, I hope it's an actual broken ankle this time, with 10 weeks off, rather then having to go to work on a sprain!"

"Don't say that!!! Just take your time. Be extra careful. You DO get paid overtime if it takes longer. It's not like you're working for free."

"Still. It will be miserable."

I did my best to point out even the tiniest bright side to the situation. While in my head, I was actually considering SKIPPING MY SCRATCHERS today! We'll see. The temperature is supposed to stay in the low 60s all day. The rain I can handle. I'll dry out eventually. It's not like I have any vanity. I don't mind looking like a drowned lovely-lady-mulleted rat when I go in the Gas Station Chicken Store. The wind is most troublesome. My balance is not good. Hopefully I won't be blown over. 

Right now, at NOON:03, the rain is pretty regular, and the winds intermittent. I might give it a go in a few hours...

My heart is with The Pony. If my helicopter wasn't up on blocks, I would fly over him all day with a safety line attached, to lift him up if a slip occurs!

No comments: