Friday, August 8, 2014

I See It Stretched Out Before Me

Well, the salad days are done. Mrs. Hillbilly Mom returns to the ol' workforce on Monday.

I can hardly believe that my death-defying, hospital-dwelling, screamin-Mimi-listening, doctor-appointment-attending, lab-testing, minor-surgery-having, frozen-custard-eating, late-sleeping days are over.

I only have 20 months of work until I go on my forever vacation, you know.

My best ol' ex-teaching buddy Mabel will keep me updated on the tally. She's more accurate than a secret chart carved into a prison cell wall with a thrice-counted metal spoon.

Once we get two days and one week into the routine, the school year is going to fly by until Christmas break. Then there's the hope of snow days!

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Hey! Snow can come before the middle of December.

However, we don't NEED the snow days before Christmas break.

Perhaps you can add a picture of you--behind prison bars--on your sidebar. Every week (or month) you can update it with how many days/weeks/months you still have...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for lots of white flakes in your future!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Dagnabbit! Hold on there just a gol-darn minute! I'm going back to work, and you want me to FIDDLE AROUND WITH MY SIDEBAR? AND TAKE A PICTURE?

I don't know how many hours you have in YOUR day, Madam, but such a lofty idea is sure to crimp Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's style.

*****
Kathy,
That's what got me into this short summer! Lots of white flakes last year!