Friday, May 8, 2015

The Voice Is Coming From The Fridge!

Last night, Farmer H and The Pony went to visit the #1 son at college. Not so much visit, as load up stuff he needs to bring home from his dorm room.

While they were gone, I was all alone here at the Mansion. I made sure The Pony had stocked the mini fridge, so I would not be cold-Coke-less in his absence. Imagine my surprise when I opened the basement mini fridge and heard:

"Good to see you!"

WTF? It was quite startling. And the voice seemed to emanate from within the fridge itself. That's because it WAS coming from within the fridge itself.

A few Christmases ago, I did my boy shopping online at ThinkGeek. There was a little item called a Fridgeezoo Boy. There was also an item called a Fridgeezoo Girl. But seriously. How could I pick a Boy for one son, and a Girl for another. As if they're not already headed for years of therapy after being exposed to Farmer H and me. There were other version on other shopping sites called Fridgeezoo Fridge Pets, but they only spoke Japanese. Which, as far as I knew, my boys did not.

They loved their new Boys. One was put in the upstairs Frig, which I am sure belonged to #1, because he takes everything good before The Pony has a chance. It was quite a novelty for about two days. Then #1 said, "I'm getting sick of this thing. It very shuts up. It keeps talking as long as the door is open." Which was, I think, the purpose, it being a reminder not to leave the refrigerator door open.

I don't know what The Pony did with his Boy over the past several years, but now it had appeared in the door of Mini Fridge under the basement stairs. I went back to put away my knee ice, and heard a cheerful, "HOWDY!" And when it took a minute to get that baggie of water to lay right in the mini freezer, I heard, "What are you looking for?"

Today I asked The Pony if he just put that chilly critter in the mini fridge. "Uh huh. Don't you get tired of it talking to you?"

So it looks like I was set up. I'd better look around for a hidden camera. I don't want to be on America's Funniest Home Videos.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I would imagine that if The Pony put you on AFHV, you could get revenge, since I bet there are lots of pictures (or at least many stories) that you could use to get back at him...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Not fair! He would have a wider audience, for alas, I have only stories, not pictures!

Of course, that might be fitting...a wider audience for a wider subject.