Saturday, June 25, 2016

Farmer H Wants The $50 Pot

Farmer H is an odd fellow. There we were, sitting in the car, waiting for The Pony to be dismissed from his freshman orientation camp, when Farmer H declared, "That pot is fifty dollars! If I was home, I'd call that lady and tell her I'd be right over."

Let the record show that Farmer H sometimes leaves out the finer details. So I had to ask what he was looking at, and why he needed the $50 pot. Turns out he was looking up some buy/sell/trade Facebook local thingy on his phone. He saw a cast iron pot that he would have LOVED to possess for the low, low price of $10.

"You bet I'd pay ten dollars for a fifty-dollar Griswald pot! Huh. So would Steve. He just sent her a message: 'I'll be right over to get it.'"

"Griswold? Like the Chevy Chase family in Vacation?"

"Yeah. Griswald. A Griswald cast iron pot. They're worth a lot. You don't hardly see them."

When The Pony got into the car, and we went up the road a ways, I told him, "Your father wants the fifty-dollar pot."

Let the record show that The Pony barely raised his eyebrow. I guess he knows us only too well.

This reminds me of the time my mom was embarrassed that she was asked for ID at the Devil's Playground pharmacy when she went to pick up my niece's allergy medicine. "They looked at me like they thought I was going to make The Meth."

Hillbilly people problems.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

"The Meth"? Very funny. I'll bet your mom also said, "The Facebook"...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
My mom didn't even know Facebook existed. It must have been hard to get on her little brick of a phone that didn't even text. Don't get me started on her desktop computer that she called a pop-up for and spent 30 minutes pushing buttons for a lady who told her to. Because something was wrong with her Windows computer, you know, unless she did.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Maybe she needed the Griswold pot to make the meth. Actually I love cast iron cookware. Since we plan to live in a motor home after we sell this, I am thinking about giving mine to the kids. Too much weight .... yes, I have a lot of cast iron cookware.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Most of our cast iron cookware came from the auction, and is hanging on the outside walls of the Mansion. If it collapses, we're going to need to move into separate sheds in Shackytown.