Sunday, June 19, 2016

Maybe I'll Do It The Next TWO Times!

Mrs. Hillbilly Mom does not take kindly to being blamed for circumstances beyond her control.  Even if the blaming comes in the form of a stern look from a grocery store employee.

It's not like I was shoplifting or anything. I didn't even go into the store proper. I parked T-Hoe in the second space in a row by the exit door of Country Mart, careful not to ram his front bumper into the two abandoned carts between him and the car across from him. Then I went inside to throw my money away in the scratch-off ticket dispensing machine.

When I came back out, I climbed into T-Hoe to arrange my tickets by size order. I started him up, to cool off his insides. A worker came huffing across the lot. He grabbed those two carts and glared at me.

Next time I run in there to buy some of their expired food, I think I will leave my cart in front of T-Hoe. I've already taken the blame.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

In the right place at the wrong time?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I wish I could have produced surveillance camera evidence that both of those carts were there when I parked. I didn't even buy groceries! And scratch-off tickets don't need a cart.