Friday, November 15, 2019

Farmer H Can Make Someone's Day

Farmer H went out to dinner last night. His dining companion is in 4th grade. It was a birthday treat for HOSS (Farmer H's Oldest Son's Son). They went to CiCi's pizza, more for the game room than the pizza. Although I'm pretty sure Farmer H enjoyed the pizza more. Afterwards, Farmer H took HOSS to pick out a present.

On the short drive from CiCi's to The Devil's Playground, HOSS said, "This is the best day ever! I got to have pizza and play games, and now I'm getting a toy!"

Aww. That melts my cold, cold heart.

Farmer H told HOSS he could pick out anything for $20. Meaning it was a general amount. Not thinking the kid would take it literally. The Lego kit came to around $26 after tax. As they left the store, HOSS told Farmer H, "I have some birthday money at home. When you drop me off, I'll give you the money back." Meaning the amount over $20.

That DRIP DRIP you hear is once again my cardiac juice.

Farmer H told him, "You don't have to do that, bud. I'm glad you had a good time."

10 comments:

River said...

Awww, my icy cold frozen heart melted a little reading this.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I know! I couldn't help myself! HOSS is not always an angel. In fact, he's rarely an angel. This made me want to hug him, although I'm not a hugger, and I doubt that 4th grade boys enjoy old-lady hugs anyway.

Sioux Roslawski said...

How sweet. To sweet for your blog, if the last 11.9 million of your posts are any indication.

I come here for snark. For sass. For sniping. For ranting. What are you doin', getting all Hallmark Movie on me?

I might not be coming back to this blog. I'll have to think about it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, Madam, do what you have to do. I suspect you WILL be back. You don't know how to quit me.

Under my tough bitter outer shell, I have a tender sweet core. I think. I have twice been accused of being a big old softy. I don't think that was just about my physical appearance.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Was that a little Brokeback Mountain?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Just a little. More like Bentspine Foothill.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Who knew he had a soft spot?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Who knew it wasn't just his HEAD!

msj09027 said...

Great share. Touched my cold dark heart!

MJ

Hillbilly Mom said...

MJ,
It can't always be about Farmer H's assumed faults! I have to allow at least 1 percent for his do-goody-ness.

He IS really good with kids. He doesn't put up with their nonsense, just flat-out tells them when to straighten up. AND he has a knack for making them feel important and accepted, whether they are relatives, small shoppers at his Storage Unit Store, or the little ones when he plays Santa every year for a local preschool group. He takes a bag of presents to hand out.