Thursday, November 28, 2019

I Really Don't Think Farmer H Has Caught On That I Might Be Trying To Kill Him

Farmer H and I had our 30th wedding anniversary on Sunday. We didn't do anything special. He gave me a card, and I gave him a card. I asked if he wanted anything special on my way to Country Mart. He said he did not. That he would have a pulled pork sandwich with sliced pickles for supper.

Of course I wanted to do something special for my Sweet Baboo. Heh, heh! But something special that wouldn't require any effort, and little money. A treat, perhaps. Like I give Jack and Juno and even Copper Jack each day when I return from town. Only not in the form of scraps or past-date food.

My decision was easy. As I pushed my cart/walker down the deli aisle, I saw some prepared desserts.

I got Farmer H a slice of cake. And one for myself, too, of course! I didn't want to buy a whole cake, How many days would we celebrate, really?

That's half of my piece. Not a very flattering photo, but it sure was tasty! The cake, not the photo.

I had originally contemplated buying Farmer H a piece of carrot cake. He likes it. My mom used to make it for him. Country Mart had it in the clear plastic containers, too. Big squares, with a little carrot on the icing. I went with the chocolate, though. Because I like chocolate, and I didn't want Farmer H saying he'd rather have MY piece. So I got them both the same. Farmer H said later that he preferred the chocolate to a carrot cake.

Yes, I know that Farmer H should not be eating sweets. How did I know he would eat THE WHOLE SLICE in one sitting? I DIDN'T know. Just like I didn't know he'd bought himself a Cookies n Cream candy bar at The Devil's Playground the next day, until I saw it on the receipt with the dog food and cat food.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Your scheme is quite clever. Keep that cake comin'. Celebrate the beginning of the rerun season. Buy a slice of cake. It's National Jumprope Day. Honor it with a slab of cake.

Your plot gives the "Let them eat cake" quote a whole different meaning.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I don't want to be too obvious. I'm getting unsolicited help from Casey's and their donuts, though.

River said...

I like carrot cake, it has carrots which are vegetables, so the cake is good for you. Also the cream cheese frosting qualifies as dairy and the chopped walnuts on top of the frosting are protein. So carrot cake is good for you. Just don't eat an entire half just because you want to throw the foil container in the bin because it's rubbish collection day and the truck is rumbling down the roads already.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! Gotta get the rubbish out!