Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Flashy Recovery

Even Steven has seen the error of his ways! No more catering to The Pony at the expense of Mrs. HM! Good thing The Pony did not reinvest all of his $50 winner into more tickets. He chose only one, predetermined, for me to pick up for him in town, and pocketed the rest. His ticket was a loser.

I, on the other hand, had a return of luck. It must have been poised on the sideline, like a ball-boy at Wimbledon, waiting for a chance to retrieve my rightful winner at just the right opportunity.


Isn't that beautiful? A WIN ALL symbol! Only three numbers in! I might have let out a little "WHOOP!" as I uncovered that 'winnell,' as Farmer H would pronounce it.


That adds up to a $100 winner! Sure, it's the lowest jackpot I could win with a WIN ALL. But I'll take it, by cracky!

No, I do not plan to turn this into a lottery blog. Soon enough, I'm sure we'll stop winning, and go back to either a slump, or my usual 40% return rate on scratchers. But winning sure is fun while it lasts!

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I saw River's comment yesterday. Does The Pony want to drape himself in butter?

River said...

Congratulations!
Winning certainly is fun. I've got my tickets for tonight's jackpot draw.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
If it was socially acceptable, he WOULD!

***
River,
Thanks! I hope you had some luck. I'm trying to send it your way, but The Pony might be blocking it. He picked another winner today, but only for $10.

River said...

A little luck, not quite enough to buy a house, nor even enough to cover the cost of a ticket for next week. Enough to keep me in butter though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Congrats! A little luck is better than no luck! Especially if it can fund your butter habit.