Thursday, June 11, 2020

Seventy-Seven Of One, A Hundred Of The Other

The Pony has put a dent in my scratcher profits. Heh, heh. Profits. As in the meager amount of money I win back in my routine scratcher play. I said I would give him two scratchers a week, like I mail to Genius, coming out of the household money. Of course I feel guilty on days that I buy scratchers and The Pony has used up his two. So I've been giving him one of mine, out of the kindness of my (some say cold, cold) heart.

A couple weeks ago, The Pony decided that instead of getting two of the five-dollar scratchers allotted to him, he wanted one ten-dollar ticket. He even chose the kind, something to do with Red Sevens. I don't know the official name, because I don't buy them. I don't like that ticket.

Of course you know what happened.

The Pony's ticket won $77. Dang it! I still don't like that ticket. Anyhoo... after than win, my own scratcher winners were few and far between. I was in a slump. That usually happens after a good win. But the win was for The Pony. Surely Even Steven would take that into consideration! It looked as if he did not. Until Tuesday.


Uh huh. I had a $100 winner! About time, I say!

Can you believe that The Pony did not quite share in my joy? He's been in a slump.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I have several boxes of butter in my freezer. I was tempted to take a picture and send it your way... so The Pony could drool over that dairy...

River said...

Ha Ha, your win was better than The Pony's win! Meanwhile, back in Australia, my slump seems to be the permanent kind.
But congratulations anyway. If I can't be a winner, I'm happy enough for my friends to be winners.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
That reminds me... I need to check the tub of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter before I go to the store tomorrow. The Pony has been hitting it heavily!

***
River,
It WAS! But there's more to the story now.

Sorry for your slump. I am happy to share wins, whether those of The Pony, or even better, my own!