Monday, June 8, 2020

I Suppose They Didn't Want To Be Cheeky About Parking Under The NO PARKING Sign

I'm so happy to have a working phone again, so I can play Mrs. Kravitz and document the goings-on down at Hillmomba Creach Landing!

Sadly, I could not get actual evidence on this one. I was too busy jerking the steering wheel so T-Hoe didn't hit another car head-on. Let the record show that this near-collision was the fault of the TRESPASSER, and not the fault of Mrs. HM on her way out of our compound, nor the other driver on his way in.

On the way back, I took some photos on SamGalA, to show you just how far this INTRUDER is pushing the envelope. It is not a simple case of: "Oh, Hillbilly Mom. Those people just want to have fun and cool off in the creek. What does it hurt if they park on your private road?" First of all, the road is clearly marked. With two signs proclaiming it is private, and another announcing that you are on camera. That one is Farmer H's doings, making use of signage found in his storage lockers.

Anyhoo...the INTRUDER was gone when I got back, but I didn't know that when I started taking my pictures.


Here we are, beside the bus-waiting shack, by the NO PARKING sign, with a view of the little space on the right where sensible intruders park illegally at Hillmomba Creach Landing. That's dust hanging over the road, from a car that just came out. Moving around the bend, we see...


The next stretch, where Farmer H put the sign saying "YOU ARE BEING VIDEOTAPED. SMILE!" And up around the next bend...


Is where I expected to see that little black SUV parked on the right, at the end of this stretch of road. But the recreational Creachers had left, spoiling my evidence. I drove up to that point, and took a picture out T-Hoe's passenger window, of where the Creachers had been set up...


It's a little waterfall, where they had three lawn chairs set up. The water is clear, that's just the color of the big flat rocks that line the bottom. We used to take the boys down here when they were little. But we parked OFF the road. There's room. AND, we also happened to LIVE here on property that we own, and were not just transient Creach-waders! If you look up ahead from where I was parked here...


You can see that such a vehicle parked in the road is a surprise to those rounding the bend. Especially if another car is in the process of pulling onto the wrong side, to go around the parker.

When I first observed these Creachers on the way out, I saw their empty chairs and towels at the waterfall. THEN I saw the man, woman, and 7-8 year old boy splashing about in the water down by the bridge. Right by that little space where trespassers park! I put the window down and heard them squealing. The man was bent over, telling the boy that it was a CRAWDAD! Uh huh. Now they're messing with our wildlife!

Anyhoo... my point is that these people did not accidentally drive up our road and happen to park in it to get out and look at the water. They consciously drove at least a quarter-mile up our private road, and unloaded their stuff, to make a day of it. Or a half-day. I guess they thought they were being tricky, so as not to be seen from the main road.

Since they were traversing the creek anyway, a normal person would have parked OFF the road in that little alcove, then carried their chairs up to the waterfall. Hopefully having their toes pinched by our guard-crawdads every step of the way!

6 comments:

River said...

Look at all that lush greenery! And the pretty little waterfall. No wonder you have intruders visiting.
Do you own the property all the way down to that waterfall? Maybe a private property sign on one of those trees would be a good idea.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
No, we have creeks running through the back of our Mansion 10 acres, and the 10 acres next to it. And another branch of the creek running on the back of the 10 acres where HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) had been living. But we don't own down to this section. SOMEONE does!

A creek can't really be "owned," here in Missouri, but people can't be on your property that adjoins it without permission. So they could get in the creek at a public point, like the bridge, and walk up the creek as they want. Our gravel road belongs to everyone who owns property up in here, and is maintained by all of us.

The Creachers ignore the signs. Even down at the other low water bridge. They park by the NO PARKING signs.

Sioux Roslawski said...

And you were planning on some crawfish etouffee for dinner this week. What a shame! Those creachers ruin everything!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I KNOW! Harvesting Farmer H's dinner before I can even cook it! We used to fish for crawdads with pieces of hot dog. Not to eat. I'd rather eat the hot dogs, and you know what's in THEM. Or do you...

Sioux Roslawski said...

I do indeed. That's why I don't eat them anymore. They're only a yummy memory from my past...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I've spent many a day and night cursing the boys' 3rd grade teacher for telling her students every year about the contents of hot dogs! How dare she take away an entire food group for my kids! At least The Pony continued to eat corn dogs. But he switched from taking a daily hot dog in his lunch to taking a BUTTER SANDWICH! I kid you not. He wanted plain butter, but sometimes would take butter and JELLY, to get his fruit!