Thursday, June 4, 2020

Will Shackytown Themed Sheds Become The New Milk Cartons?

This is a tale of two busy-s. Two busybodies. Me. And Farmer H. It's frightening to think that we're so much alike in our concerns over two cars parked down by The Creach. The creekside beach.

When I left for town on Wednesday, I saw two small cars parked near the NO PARKING sign down by the bus-waiting shack at the mailboxes. I was going to give the trespassers a searing stinkeye, but nobody was around. I figured they were probably walking around in the creek. It was already 87 degrees. The cars were still there when I came back. So I took a picture.


They barely got off the road! Dang squatters. Anyhoo... I thought maybe they had parked there, and met up with someone else to go somewhere, since there were no signs of people in the creek.

I forgot all about it until Farmer H mentioned it at suppertime.

"I'm wondering if I should call the police about them cars down at the creek. I saw three girls get out of them when I went to town. They was gonna float the creek, I guess. Two of them was carrying their floaty things, and the third one was getting out of the white car with hers. She was wearing shorts and a bikini top."

"That creek isn't deep enough to float! They wouldn't get far."

"If they carried it past our bridge, it gets deeper."

"Waist deep. And they'd have to get out and climb over the next low water bridge."

"Them cars was still there around 5:00. I don't want something to have happened to them."

"It goes out to the river. It would take a long time to walk back if they floated very far. If they didn't go home, their family would call the police and report it."

"I guess."

"I'd be more worried that they just gave a story about going floating, but were meeting up with somebody. Maybe got abducted, or ran away."

"Yeah, you never know these days."

I guess Farmer H could paint their pictures on his themed sheds over in Shackytown...

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I guess Farmer H is more artistic than I previously thought? Perhaps you could convince him to paint or draw a portrait, so your blog audience could judge his artistic ability?

River said...

Gosh Darn it all! Now you've got me worried about those girls! I hope they are okay and nothing untoward has happened.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
NOOO! Let the record show that TWICE, I have been stuck on a PICTIONARY team with Farmer H! I would have cried, had I not been laughing so hard.

***
River,
I wouldn't worry now. The cars were both gone today. Nothing in the paper about any missing young ladies.