Friday, December 24, 2021

Abandon Candy, All Ye Who Enter Here

 King Farmer H's iron fist grows stronger by the day.

The Pony got another gift on his mail route Thursday. It was a plastic tub of homemade treats! He sent me a picture around 2:00. I could tell it was homemade, but not what kind. When he got home, The Pony proudly carried his plastic tub into the Mansion, and came to the short couch to show me.

"I have cookies and fudge and peppermint bark and a thick cookie bar thing with icing, and a couple I don't know what they are. Like those two white things."

"Oh. That's divinity. Like white fudge, probably with walnuts."

"But if it was like fudge, would it be so squishy? LOOK!"

"OH! That is NOT divinity. It must be a homemade marshmallow! And that other stuff over there IS divinity."

"Do you want this peppermint bark? It's the only thing I don't like."

"Okay. Give me that smallest one."

"Oh. I hear Dad at the back door, trying to get in."

"Yeah. He's been delivering Christmas stuff to The Veteran's family, and eating there."

Farmer H came to sit in his recliner. The Pony proudly showed him the treat tub.

"Do you want this other piece of peppermint bark? Mom had the other one."

"Yeah. I'll take it. [looking into the tub] MMM! FUDGE!"

Farmer H motioned to the fudge, and held out his hand. The Pony sighed, and grudgingly gave it to Farmer H. Who placed it on the side table, next to two homemade chocolate covered cherries that my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel gave us for Christmas...

Yep. Anything in the Mansion belongs to King Farmer H. Even a gift of Christmas candy given to the hard-working Pony for his efforts.

2 comments:

River said...

Huh. I would have given him HALF the fudge and kept some for myself. THE PONY earned those treats, NOT Farmer H.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't think The Pony should have given Farmer H ANY fudge! He gave him the peppermint bark. Farmer H has all kinds of forbidden sugary treats. He'd just finished two of my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel's hand-made chocolate covered cherries! I'm pretty sure he was eyeing the leftover Oreos from the cake-making.