Friday, December 17, 2021

Asking For It

As the resident bill-payer of the Hillmomba Mansion, I thought it necessary to address King Farmer H concerning a concerning development on the tax situation. We got all our county taxes paid when Farmer H walked them over to the courthouse a couple weeks ago while I was being denied bond redemption. However... we also get an assessment bill for our lake property that the crazy scammer guy tried to sell with the wrong lot number.

WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN THAT BILL!

I was worried that maybe the Scammer Guy had somehow gotten our lot transferred to the guy he supposedly sold it to. Farmer H has been too busy to drive back out there and see if the New Owner got all his crap off our lot. Normally, we get our assessment bill shortly before or after Thanksgiving. It's due by the end of the year!

Thursday, I called the lake development. My call kept going to a voice mail. I refuse to leave a message. Nobody ever calls me back. Yeah, I'm talking about YOU, my nurse practitioner office, about my unrequested POOP BOX! Anyhoo... I called the main number for general purposes. A frazzled-sounding lady answered.

"Hello. I'm calling because we haven't received our assessment bill."

"Nobody has, Sweetie. We're working on them right now."

"Oh. Okay. So it hasn't been lost in the mail. I'll wait for it. Thank you."

Whew! So it's perfectly normal that the assessment bills haven't gone out 14 days before they're due. There had better not be a penalty if payment isn't received by year's end. We KNOW how the mail gets delivered these days...

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You really expect to get the bill without enough lead time so you can pay it on time?

To dream the impossible dream...You're tilting at windmills.

River said...

See now, if the bill comes late and you have to post a check (cheque) your payment will definitely be late. But IF you had internet banking, you could pay it online the same day you receive it. No late fees.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I have great expectations.

***
River,
Ah, so logical in theory. But this is not the time that I'd be receptive to such a suggestion, having been without ELECTRICITY for 9 HOURS!