Sunday, October 2, 2022

Farmer H's Charmed Life

Farmer H does indeed lead a charmed life. Evidenced enough by the fact that I have not relegated him to the dog house to slumber with my Sweet, Sweet Juno. I could never do that to her.

Speaking of my special fleabag... Farmer H FINALLY bought the de-worming medicine for her on Saturday, after his stint at his Storage Unit Store. Before you go patting him on the back, please realize that the place he bought it is RIGHT BY HIS STORAGE UNIT STORE. Seriously. Pull out of the parking lot, make an immediate right turn, and you're there. 

Because Farmer H has been so forgetful in getting this possible remedy for what ails Juno, he told me on Friday night to remind him Saturday. 

"Send me a text so I don't forget. I'll leave my store early so I'm not late for the auction, and go to the Devil's Playground to get her medicine and some different dog food."

"Okay. They're going to need cedar shavings, too. It's been getting down in the 30s at night."

So I sent Farmer H a text at 10:20. "Dog food and wormer and cedar shavings." He never replied.

Once home, Farmer H gave me the receipt:

 
"Hey! What are these circus peanuts?"

"Circus peanuts."

"I know WHAT they are. I didn't know they're good food for Juno."

"They weren't for Juno. They're for me."

"Huh. You know they're pure sugar. I don't see them. Did you eat the whole bag already?"

"No... they're out in the truck."

"So you didn't get dog food?"

"I got dog food."

"It's not on the receipt."

"Well, I bought it. Let me see. Huh. Well. Maybe she didn't ring it up. It was under the cedar shavings. Diamond Adult Maintenance. It's in a yellow bag, with blue on the sides."

So you see what he's done again? Farmer H has gotten out of a store with a product he has not paid for. But thought he did. Gotta say, I don't add up my purchases in my head when I go to the store. I just plop it on the conveyor, and jam my card into the reader. I don't check it when I go out, just to write down the total, unless something doesn't seem right.

I hope there's not an APB out for his arrest...

2 comments:

River said...

I don't think you need to worry. If the checker didn't notice the bag of food, then she won't be calling the police. The store will note a bag is missing but won't be able to do anything about it. Let the dogs enjoy their free food.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
If only the dogs understood the meaning of FREE, or STOLEN, I'm sure it would taste twice as good to them!