Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Not The Chef's Finest Hour

I was texting The Pony on Sunday evening, and he sent me a picture of his supper:

 
"Having mac and cheese."

"The mac and cheese does not look appealing to me, an anti-pastite." [playing with the Seinfeld episode where they talk about people who don't like the dentist, calling them anti-dentites]

"It's also mostly eaten by the point I took the picture! Ooh I should try antipasta at some point. They always look good. Since that's an actual food thing."
 
"I don't even know what that is!"
 
"Google says it's NOT an actual thing and is just, like, the first course for an Italian meal. Darn. It's also spelled antipasto, apparently."
 
"Oh. I've heard of that, but still don't know what it is."
 
"Like having Oberle sausage and crackers out, kinda. But fancier, usually."
 
"I thought it might be a meat and olive tray."
 
"Yeah. That would count as one, I think."
 
So there. Now you know how us Hillbillies show off our knowledge of vittles that are more appropriately labeled cuisine.

4 comments:

River said...

I just googled images of antipasto, they do have meats and olives but also cheeses, tomatoes, etc. Have a look for yourself, they're so colourful. I haven't had mac and cheese in ages. My favourite one is a frozen generic brand and it hasn't been available for about three years.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
When I'm killing time on Hippie, I will look for myself. The Pony must have made this mac and cheese himself, because the boxed brands like Kraft are bright orange, and use elbow macaroni. The prepared envelopes usually have a different noodle, like shells, with some white cheese. I don't recognize the noodles in this picture.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I like homemade mac and cheese. It is not that hard to make and everyone thinks I am amazing when I produce a big casserole dish of macaroni in the bubbly gooey cheese.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think you're amazing, and I'm an anti-pastite!