Thursday, October 20, 2022

Just One More Thing To Worry About

I really do need to get my parental helicopter off the blocks and back in flying condition. Just because The Pony is not under the Mansion roof any more, and is back from college and only 10 miles away, DOES NOT mean I can stop worrying! TEXT on Wednesday:

"Agh. Tripped on broken sidewalk and smashed face first into the ground. Just glad I went sideways to the grass instead of concrete. Pretty sure I'm fine."

"I hope you're okay."

"Should be. Glasses are fine, teeth are fine. Legs are scraped up, but not bleeding. Only real concern is the headache I got. Left side of face hit the ground and feels a bit puffy, right side got an instant headache that's fading slowly."

"You sloshed your brain. Should be okay."

"Yeah. Could've been a lot worse."

"INDEED, says your ankle."

That was around 10:00 a.m. Only two hours into The Pony's work day. As I type this, it's 1:00. I guess he'll be fine... With my helicopter, I could have been following him with a tether, and kept him off the ground when he tripped!

2 comments:

River said...

Oh dear. Ohdear-ohdear-ohdear! And winter is coming, with rain and sleet and slushy mud, followed by icy roads. Are you sure you shouldn't just wrap him up warmly and tuck him into bed for the next six months?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Of course I should! But that wouldn't be healthy for The Pony. He's better off ranging free, even if it puts him in peril. I wonder if bubble-wrap will fit under his uniform...