Friday, October 28, 2022

Farmer H's Mouth Is So Big That He Could Easily Accommodate All His Feet If He Was A Centipede

Near the end of our "business" conversation Wednesday with our Financial Advisor, word somehow turned to dead people. I think it was by way of comments about the office chairs, which came from Wayfair and one was missing a screw so they sent a whole new chair, and how customers really like those chairs, but they had to be Scotchguarded because of people's hands on the arms, and how people might be sick and spreading diseases on the chairs, and how a lot of people these days seem to be dying FOR NO REASON. Or unknown reasons. Something like that. We didn't get into it, because Farmer H opened up his big mouth.
 
"Yeah. One of my old classmates just died. I'm not sure what of. She had some kind of disease over the past couple years, so everyone knew she was sick. But then she just up and died. She used to be about your size, but then she blowed up all bloated to the size of HM here."
 
"Um. I'm RIGHT HERE! That was not very nice."
 
"I was just trying to compare two sizes of things."
 
The Financial Advisor was smart enough to keep her mouth shut. But I think she was on my side.

6 comments:

Rae said...

WTH Hick! Need some etiquette classes or something? That was plain rude and he owes you an apology. I'd be pissed if it came back to me that my husband had said that, even if I wasn't there. He could have made his point by saying she had gained quite a bit of weight, for some reason, maybe due to her health situation. Hick needs a slap or at the very least, a punch in the arm for being so careless. This is the same guy that plays Santa Claus - should be same rules for when he's just an ordinary citizen in civilian clothing. Santa would be very disappointed. Ranee (MN)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
Farmer H is an odd duck. He never says anything like that to me in private. No comments about my appearance. And yes, he plays Santa WITHOUT ANY PADDING, heh, heh! So that pot has no business calling this kettle black!

Farmer H thinks did nothing wrong. He doesn't seem to sense people's emotions. Right after we were married, he told me, "I like that skirt you're wearing. It reminds me of a circus tent." To this day, he swears he was COMPLIMENTING ME!

He should have just said his friend has some sickness that made her retain fluid, or gain a lot of weight fast. No need to bring ME into it!

River said...

I agree with Rae, WTH Hick? He really needs to learn to think before just blurting things out. He's no calendar pin-up model himself either I'd say.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yeah. He could have said she was as big as HE is!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I have often been heard asking HeWho if he heard himself when he spoke. Not volume or tone, but content. My son often asks him what is wrong with him when he says equally stupid stuff. My sympathies.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Thank you. It takes a village to shame Farmer H.