Friday, April 12, 2024

Be Careful What You Nag For

After months of Farmer H nagging me about setting up an appointment to cash in my two $1000 scratcher winners, I finally did it. One ticket is due to expire in May, so that was added impetus. 

It's not that I didn't WANT to get my money. Only that I am not happy that the lottery office has continued to require AN APPOINTMENT since they switched to that format during The VIRUS. Seriously. There was never a room full of people clamoring to cash in winners. I only saw another person there once during the times we went to cash in a ticket. And now they have an appointment every 10 minutes. It's not like it's a lengthy process.

Anyhoo... I might as well have mailed it in, considering the time it has taken me to make an appointment. Part of the reason was that I never know what Farmer H has planned. He had assorted medical appointments. And his business takes up Friday/Saturday/ Sunday. Then he sometimes goes to an auction on Monday. Plays bingo on Tuesdays now, when it used to be Wednesdays. So that basically left Thursdays, assuming there was no appointment.

Farmer H is all wishy-washy about making decisions. I couldn't pin him down to a day of the week that would be good. So I finally decided on Wednesday, a day that The Pony should not need him for an emergency, that being The Pony's day off.

So... when Farmer H asked me yesterday if I'd made the appointment, I told him, "YES! Wednesday at 10:00 a.m." Of course that put his nose out of joint. He will miss his lunch at the Senior Center on meat loaf day.

It's not like that's a special holiday meal. They will serve meat loaf again.

4 comments:

River said...

For just a second I thought you would ask the Pony to take you on his day off. Too bad about Farmer H missing a meatloaf meal, but like you said, they'll surely have meatloaf again another day.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I hate to infringe on The Pony's day off. Besides, he's never been there. Farmer H knows the way. It won't be the end of the world if he misses a meat loaf lunch. He would drive a buddy to the city in a heartbeat, not even mentioning that he was going to lose his meat loaf.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sounds like someone I know quite well, do anything for a nera stranger, but gripe about catering to me! I would say suck it up buttercup, we are going!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, we are married to the same man!