Monday, April 15, 2024

SO Glad I Don't Like Pepper Jack Cheese

Farmer H went to a birthday party Sunday evening, on his way home from his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2). It was for one of The Veteran's daughters. Farmer H ate a little bit of food there, and did not require a full supper when he got home after 5:00. I pointed out that we had some of the sliced cheese assortment left from our Easter feast, in case he wanted some cheese and crackers. He said he might, later.

Around 6:30, when the NASCAR race Farmer H was watching ended, he stood up from his recliner, and announced, "I have to pee." Then proceeded out to the front porch. You know. Because the outdoors is one big toilet.

Anyhoo... when he came back in, he started to the kitchen, where I had set out a pack of Ritz Crackers, and a plate for the Pepper Jack cheese slices. That's what Farmer H prefers, over the Swiss and Colby Jack. 

"Um. You might want to WASH YOUR HANDS, since you just came in from peeing off the front porch."

Farmer H grunted, and went to the kitchen sink. You know he would never have done that if I hadn't made a comment about it.

Seriously. It's not like he could pretend he had a hands-free urination. I must remain ever-vigilant with my nagging.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well, I without words. That does not happen often.

River said...

I know SO MANY people who don't wash their hands and I always avoid eating at their homes, just in case. I wash my hands so often I'm surprised I have skin left.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Farmer H has that affect on people!

***
River,
I always wash my hands before preparing food. Not that Farmer H would notice, or even care, if I didn't.