Saturday, October 12, 2024

Another Pony House Mystery Solved

We were only a few minutes into our 6:00 a.m. phone conversation when The Pony said:

"Is Dad still there? I'm going to send a video with a noise coming from my bathroom. I don't know what it is. I hope it's nothing in the walls, or something wrong with the wiring. I heard it when I woke up, and at first I thought it was the fans on my gaming computers running extra-loud. But the more awake I got, I realized it was coming from the other direction. My bathroom, not the living room. I'm going in there now."

I was getting read to receive that video, and hand the phone to Farmer H. But The Pony was talking again.

"Never mind. I found the problem. It was my toothbrush on the bathroom floor. Running. Somehow it jumped itself off the sink overnight or this morning. I don't know how long it was going. But now it won't work since I picked it up and turned it off."

"The charge is probably used up. It might have been going for a while."

"Yeah."

"Bummer. You'll have to move your arm to brush your teeth now!"

Not a big deal. Certainly less worrisome than a critter in the walls, or a problem with the wiring. Still, one more obstacle to The Pony starting his workday.

Not to mention how that toothbrush ended up on the floor, running....

No comments: