Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Some Progress Of The Baby Steps Variety

Are you sitting down? Surely you are. Who reads a blog while standing up? Do you have some smelling salts handy? I wouldn't want to cause somebody to lose consciousness from the shock of what I'm about to reveal. Brace yourself...

FARMER H CALLED TO TELL ME SOMEBODY WAS COMING TO THE MANSION!

It happened Sunday afternoon. I was sitting in T-Hoe at the time, in my rightful handicap parking space at the Gas Station Chicken Store. I had left for town an hour early. It was just after 3:00.

"I just called to tell you that The Veteran is coming out to get something out of SilverRedO. So if you hear the dogs, or see somebody in the driveway, or digging through my truck, it's him."

"Okay. Good to know. When is he coming?"

"He's probably almost there now."

"I'm in town. So that's okay. I'll know if I see somebody when I go home."

Can you believe it? Farmer H actually let me know so I wouldn't worry! Or probably so I wouldn't bother him, as he was on his way to an auction.

Not only THAT, but he told me he'd be late getting home that evening. AND he called at 5:21 on Monday evening, to report that he was still at the eye doctor, and would be leaving shortly.

I might need to check Farmer H for a fever. He could be delirious.

2 comments:

River said...

I am stunned! My jaw dropped open. I wonder how long this new and improved Farmer H will last?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
OH NO! I hope you didn't dislocate your jaw!

Farmer H was on his best behavior yesterday when he drove me down to Bill-Paying Town to vote. And he told me when he went to bed last night that he would be getting up later, for the dentist, so I didn't have to wake him up at 5:30. It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.