Thursday, October 3, 2024

Farmer H Is NOT The New Centipede

Farmer H's new shoes (all four pairs of  them!) were supposed to arrive between Friday and Monday. They were shipping by UPS. Lately, such packages have arrived around 9:30 a.m., though one got here at 4:30 p.m. I wanted to be ready, to call off the barking dogs, lest they scare away a delivery person. 

Friday, I put on my good sweatpants. The ones with no holes, that don't fall down unless I hold them up. They fit fine, but have a ribbed ankle feature, so do not pull up as easily when I want to put wraps on my knees. Every time I heard the dogs bark, I went to the front door to look out. Only to be greeted by galloping Jack and Scarlett, who were barking at Copper Jack, and he at them.

Friday passed, with no delivery. I went through the same procedure on Saturday. No shoes. UPS does not deliver on Sundays. But Monday, I was sure Farmer H's new Skechers would be here. Nope! Surely Tuesday would be the day.

I had mentioned that I could not track this order. The only notifications I had were from PayPal, my method of payment. It was four emails. Two at a time. They had transaction numbers, but no order number. I had nothing from the eBay commerce store where I had seen the info about the shipping dates. No way to go back in there and look for it now. The only option was to download the PayPal app using one of those scannable square thingies with my phone. I don't want the PayPal app! It seems like one more thing that could get hacked.

Anyhoo... in searcing around on the PayPal site, I found a way to download it on my laptop. So I figured I'd just go ahead. I really wanted to find out about Farmer H's shoes.

In going through my PayPal transactions, I saw that the last one was two weeks ago! For my music service that is $11.99 once a month. Nothing at all about the shoes!

I went back to my emails. When I'd looked before, I only looked at one of each of the double emails. You know, because I figured I had been charged twice, and it was just telling me I was getting two shipments of two pairs of shoes each, coming at the same time. I HAD seen the two different transaction numbers in the emails.

Now I clicked on the emails I had not opened before. In these, when I clicked the TRACK PACKAGE button, it took me to the PayPal log-in site, and instead of just giving me the app screen, it let me click on the specific transaction for that eBay Commerce store. 

CANCELED - AUTHORIZATION

The temporary authorization was canceled and your payment method wasn't charged.

What in the Not-Heaven??? I guess the seller didn't do something from their end? Maybe they didn't really have four (or two) pairs of those shoes in that size? Because both of my transactions had that message.

Oh, well. I wasn't charged anything. But now Farmer H will have to go barefoot until I can find somewhere to buy his very special shoes!

No comments: