Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work The Beast Of Burden Goes

The Pony returned to work on Tuesday. The rash was not painful, the less-acute rashy areas fading away. The right arm was still covered, but seeming to be getting on with the healing process. The Pony was able to get more than four hours of sleep, and take a regular shower instead of a cold shower. That might be reflected in the appearance of the Tuesday morning rash.


Those bumps look pretty red in the morning sunlight of the parking lot, but they are shrinking, and perhaps starting to dry out a bit. 

The Pony felt fine, and his doctor's note was only for Monday. The doctor had said that the steroids would have kicked in after a full day on them. Still, if he needed, The Pony has accumulated leave that he could have used to stay home another day to recover. 

As I write this, it's NOON:17 on Tuesday. Bright and sunny. I'm hoping The Pony has an uneventful day of work. I'm back to my regular worry schedule.

2 comments:

River said...

It still looks terribly itchy to me though I'm sure the steroid cream has helped with that. How many days has it been now? An allergic reaction should have settled by now I think.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony said the itch and pain were gone. In this picture, it had been three full days since the rash appeared, and a day and a half on the meds.