Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Flattery Will Get You Nowhere But The 5PAM Folder

Whew! Excuse me! I was out of breath from laughing. That's like a workout. My ribs are getting sore. I might not develop a six-pack, but I might grow a singe ab. Gotta hand it to The Universe for its sense of humor, having a chuckle at Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's expense. In cahoots with her estranged BFF Google, who twisted GMail's arm to relax that 5PAM filter on Mrs. HM's other blog identity.

Imagine my surprise, to check that email, and see a new wanna-be pal.

My name is Noni and I am the PR contact for REDACTED, a leading diamond jewelry manufacturer in San Diego since 1977. I really like your blog YOU KNOW THE ONE. You have a great sense of style and beautiful photos! I really like your blog. It's interesting to read about and see the Hicks House makeover. Love what you are doing! 

I would like to spark your interest in writing a blog post about REDACTED's latest jewelry designs: Floral Tulip Stud Earrings. These timeless stud earrings are a classic style with modern flair. I believe they suit your personal style and your readers will love them too. We will create a pair of stud earrings of your choice (made of silver and cubic zirconia stones or synthetic gemstones) for review, which is yours to keep. 

Sweet Gummi Mary! Did you see that part?

You have a great sense of style and beautiful photos!

 I don't know which made me laugh harder, that, or this:

I believe they [timeless stud earrings] suit your personal style.

Next thing you know, I'll feel someone peeing on my leg, and get an email that it's raining.

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You should have said, "Oh really? You mean you sell ladybug earrings, fashioned out of rubies and (some black gem)?"

Shake off that leg. It's wet.

River said...

Wants a little free advertising does she? Let her write her own blog.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Go ahead and accept the earrings and write the review. You can always gift them to someone if you don't like them. If they don't fit your style ...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Ooh! Ladybug earrings! That's definitely my style. You know me better than Noni! And I'm pretty sure you'd never pee on my leg...

***
River,
Exactly!

***
Kathy,
You are fearless! I'm afraid that might end up like the penny for Columbia House's 12 cassette tapes. I might start receiving jewelry every month. I don't have enough friends to give them away! Not even if they all grew a dozen extra ears.

River said...

I can tell you what to do with a dozen pairs of earrings. Get one of those mini wire Christmas trees, the kind you put on a table as centrepiece and "dress" it with the earrings and miniature baubles. Use superglue or something similar and it will be permanently decorated.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's a good idea. And I could leave that little Christmas tree up ALL YEAR LONG!