Friday, June 21, 2019

Jim Down!

When I left for town on Thursday, I popped an acetaminophen. That's because my joints were achy, being deprived of their three-nights-in-a-row ibuprofen. I'm sure we've been through this before. My doctor nurse practitioner says to skip one day out of four, to spare my kidneys. I guess he doesn't have the same love for my liver, allowing me to take acetaminophen at my whim. Not that I would. It does virtually nothing for me.

Anyhoo... I took that acetaminophen while walking out the door. I figured I should probably have some food in my stomach to cushion its fall retroactively into my stomach. So I grabbed a mini Slim Jim off the box on the counter. I keep them around for Farmer H, so he can have some protein to partially counteract any sugar that he sneaks when he's out from under my thumb.

When I stopped at Mailbox Row, I ripped open the Slim Jim and took a bite. I laid it on T-Hoe's console while I got out for the mail. When I climbed back into the driver's seat, I heard a text, which turned out to be from The Pony, concerning the lab work he's doing for free with outrageously expensive nanoparticles. I left for town, forgetting about my Slim Jim until I came to the first curve in the blacktop road.


JIM DOWN!

That Slim Jim slid off T-Hoe's console, all the way across the vacuuming-needing floor mat of the passenger side. So much for that acetaminophen's gastric cushioning. Of course I kept looking at it all the way to town. (Which I shouldn't have, due to an event I will reveal tomorrow.) I figured I'd give soiled Slim Jim to Juno and Jack when I got home. Sorry, dogs. At my first stop, I went to the passenger side and rescued Jim. Ate him in three more bites. It was after noon, by cracky, and I was feeling peckish!

If Jim wasn't so slim, maybe he could hang on better during the ride.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You need to find some "Fat Pats" instead of more Slim-Jims.

Wow! I think I just invented a new snack. Since I'm so generous, and since I am. Still. Working. And. Not. Retired. I am going to let you run with this new product idea.

Just give me a bit of credit in the fine print, along with the 192 ingredients listed...

River said...

You took that Slim Jim for a ride and then ate him? Poor Jim, thinking he was going to see some sights...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
OOH! A Fat Pat! I can picture it now, looking like a sidewalk chalk. Robust. A handful. It would sell well on the counter of my proposed handbasket factory, I think. As an homage to your input, I will consider making you the face of Fat Pat. No need to thank me. I want to make sure you get recognition for the idea.

***
River,
It was no worse than getting a pet all hyped up to go for a ride, then ending up at the vet. Of course, MOST people don't eat the pet...