Friday, October 11, 2019

Pony In His Sty. Without Glasses.

There is none so blind as a Pony with broken glasses. You do NOT want him driving to an optometrist for a new pair!

Lucky for The Pony, he has psychic Mrs. HM for his mother. Way back when we knew The Pony was going to OU, I planned ahead. We were both due for eye exams that spring. I declared the The Pony was getting TWO pairs of glasses.

"Mom! I don't need TWO pairs. They're so expensive."

"Doesn't matter. I don't want you off in Oklahoma with broken glasses! You know you can't see. You know how hard it is around here, to put on the last pair of glasses, until I can get yours fixed. You won't know anyone there, and you won't be able to see to get more glasses. You're getting two pair now, and you'd better put the spare in a safe place where you can find it!"

I am pleasantly surprised that The Pony DID know where the spare glasses were!

He said he broke the attach-y parts on both earpieces. I didn't ask how. I might not want to know. He said he tried to fix them, and mangled a finger. Again, I don't know what he was using to fix a small screw that could have mangled a finger. His Bestie was going to give it a try. He said she has steadier hands. I've not heard if the attempt was a success.

I told The Pony to go to an optical shop like one inside The Devil's Playground, to see if he can get them repaired. Or get new frames. Money is just a cell-phone picture away for a remote deposit, or he can use his credit card.

The Pony is kind of like me. He hates dealing with such things.

4 comments:

River said...

Easy enough to mangle a finger when the screwdriver slips, I've had it happen to me, but a larger screwdriver trying to tighten a handle screw on a saucepan. Would you believe the very next week the handle broke off completely? The screw sheared through! I replaced that pot with one that has the handle riveted on and now I'm gradually replacing the other pots as the handles become loose.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
You don't know your own strength! Gradual replacement is indeed a logical way to to solve your loose-handle issues. Thank the Gummi Mary you don't have a man like Farmer H around, or you'd be using those pots without handles, holding them with a pair of needle-nose pliers. That's what I had to do for years, after my lamp switch broke. Turn it off and on with needle-nose pliers.

Sioux Roslawski said...

The title? The first (and only thing, but it was immediate) thing that came to me the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds." Was I right?

That old black and white show was misnamed. It should have been called "Mother Knows Best."

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'll give you credit for the title. That's what I thought of first, but then I remembered how I always confuse it with "Judy in Disguise, With Glasses." Which was a parody, I think. That show could have been "The Future Marcus Welby, M.D., Knows Best."