Friday, November 29, 2019

That Darn DISH

Poop! They've done it again. They've messed with my remittance. Got lost in the mail...

The struggle continues. I got my DISH bill last Saturday. The mail gets here after noon. I immediately wrote out my check, sitting in T-Hoe near the bus-waiting shack, and took it INSIDE the dead mouse smelling post office while I was in town. I knew it wouldn't go out until Monday. The pick-up time there is 11:00 a.m.

You would think that a bill with a bar code for scanning could make it from Missouri to Illinois in five days. Wouldn't you? I could probably hobble that far in five days. Actually, the post office had longer than that to get it there. I received that bill in EmBee on November 16, and it had a due date of November 25. Yet when I checked the website on November 25, my payment had not been credited.

You know what happened next, right? I did an automatic payment so as not to be delinquent. Oh, I'd like to be A delinquent, and trash the post office and the DISH payment department! I'm pretty sure this is a conspiracy to make people sign up for automatic payments. NO! I REFUSE!

Seriously. How fair is it to send out a bill, and give you no chance to remit payment in a timely manner? By which I mean THE DUE DATE!

Anyhoo...the bill is paid, and I imagine on November 26 my check magically appeared. So I'll be a month ahead, and DISH will have the use of my money for interest-drawing purposes for 30 days. Sure, they're not getting rich off of ME. But multiply that by a million or more subscribers, and they've got quite a racket going.

3 comments:

River said...

If the bill has a barcode for scanning, then the post Office should be able to scan that and you pay them the money which they then send to the Dish company. We used to do that here with Electricity and Gas bills, but now I pay everything online. NOT automatic payments, which is called Direct Debit out here, but voluntary payments which means I chose to pay that way online via my bank account and the billing company paying code number which is listed on the back of the bill under "PAYMENT OPTIONS" so it's never late.
It really is easy and no one takes money from your account, except you, when you make the payment.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Maybe some of those DISH people are diabetics. You could invite them over for a slab of cake. For a bunch of days in a row. I'm sure your PITA would not consider it strange to be sitting next to strangers--and all of them are eating cake.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I didn't notice a bar code on the bill itself. It was under the typed address for mailing it back. I know people around here pay their electric bills at Country Mart, but I don't know about the DISH bills.

I went online and checked it November 26, the day AFTER it was due, and still nothing by mail. Then we went off to visit The Pony. I checked again when we got home last night, and it showed that my MAIL PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED ON NOVEMBER 26. They're running some kind of racket there at DISH. But at least I'm paid up a month ahead. Unless they jack up the price next month.

***
Sioux,
Yes. That's it. I'll LET THEM EAT CAKE!