Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Wages Of Dabbling Are Static

The Wednesday after his Friday night Ouijafest, I got a text from The Pony at 2:12 a.m.

"Cable TV decided to freak out. Short video clip coming by email."

I have to get those video clips by email, because our phone reception can't deal with so much data by text.

"Okay."

"It proceeded to fix itself immediately after I hit send."

"So I'm not getting it? Oh. Just showed up. I can see it. Looks like a commercial for Tostitos salsa. I saw the jars, then a bunch of static across the middle of the screen. No sound."

"Just as I typed out how it was messing up, it stopped."

"Are you having bad weather?"

"Yes. But this is CABLE, not satellite."

"Oh. I remember when we lived in town and had cable. It was either on, or it was a black screen. Nothing like static. I used to get mad and swear that I was going to demand a discount for the hours it was off. Okay, your video. No sound at all for me on this one. Just scrambled Tostito jars."

"My phone apparently doesn't pick up sound well. There should be faint beeps if you have the sound on max. I have to hold my phone to my ear to hear it on my copy."

"I moved it to max, and still silent here. Looks like some kind of electrical interference."

"To soothe your mind, no, it was not the sound of the screaming of the Damned. Nor were there any Latin invectives or pleas from spirits."

"You've had a hand in this, so don't be shocked..."

"They don't have to jump through that many hoops to speak to me!"

"That is not a good thing!"

I don't know what messed up The Pony's cable TV. I'm thinking it had to do with the weather, but Genius himself, a known anti-Pony-ite, verified that cable TV does not act that way with the static. I don't know if that's true, or if Genius has a little bit of Farmer H in him, and pretends he knows about things I won't check.

Not sure what to think about this latest episode of The Pony Tempts Fate. It must have made him jumpy, or he wouldn't have sent me a text at 12:12 a.m. Let's not forget that a few months ago, he saw an old lady sitting on his couch during afternoon hours, and it barely raised his heart rate. The Pony is no stranger to strange goings-on, as you may recall from my other blog.

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The Pony does seem to attract the paranormal ...

River said...

Just to confuse things further, video clips on blogs from the US will play here but have no sound and that began about a month ago or six weeks. Many video clips are listed as not being available for your country, and I'm used to that now, I just go to you tube and find them their. But the no sound thing on clips that play is a nuisance. Probably they'll have sound at you tube, but I can't be bothered looking for them.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
He did before he left home, too, before that Ouijafest.

***
River,
The Pony has sent me a clip from his phone before, and I had to turn the volume to max, as well as the speakers I have hooked up to New Delly, to faintly hear it.

I've only had trouble here on Bitchute (gotta keep up with my conspiracy theories!) with some videos not playing. My YouTubes are fine. So far.

Sioux Roslawski said...

If the weird things are continuing past the boundaries of your estate, it's not just you or Farmer H. It must be some strange umbrella over your whole family. (I'd blame Farmer H for making it rain down on all of you. ;)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Genius doesn't seem to have the following, but his room is party central for activity. Sounds of someone rolling over in bed, feet thumping like a disco. When he was a kid, he spent time talking to a man in his room. Now he pooh-poohs the whole concept.

Farmer H tries to be a disbeliever, but has questioned a couple of incidents. As much as I'd like to blame him, this is one area where I can't justify it. At my mom's house, we also had the upstairs walking. My dad would come home for lunch while we were at work and school, and think there was a burglar in the house.