Monday, November 18, 2019

Each New Day Is Full Of Surprises

Okay, maybe not so much FULL of surprises. But living with Farmer H means that my day is never dull. He is really good about leaving me little gifts. Gifts that I don't particularly want. And gifts that he doesn't even realize he's giving me.

From the man who gave us the recliner banana peel, I present...


THE LA-Z-BOY PRETZEL!

There it lies, in all its twisty glory, upon the threadbare La-Z-Boy. I discovered it Sunday morning. Of course at first glance, I feared the worst. You know what I'm talkin' about!

I got a picture for evidence, then set that pretzel on the side table for shaming purposes. When confronted with it later, the pretzel-abandoner proclaimed,

"I THOUGHT I dropped a pretzel last night! I felt around between my legs, but I couldn't find anything. [!] So I thought maybe I was wrong."

"Well, here it is, on the table. You can throw it away yourself."

"I'll eat that! Ain't nothin' wrong with it!"

Sorry. I don't mean to flaunt my never-ending supply of blog topics...

2 comments:

River said...

I'm wondering how he couldn't see it, it isn't blue like the chair. and if I'm feeling around for something I dropped, I'm looking as well, because it's usually chocolate and I don't want Lola eating it if she finds it and I don't want it melting onto the fluffy sheepskin I sit on.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think, once he felt that it wasn't there, he never even looked back when he got up. I'd have been looking in the chair, and on the floor. But I guess Farmer H rests assured that he has ME to do that.