Friday, February 21, 2020

Casey's At The Spat

There's no joy in Hillmomba.

You may recall that last week, Farmer H had a problem with his Casey's account. The one where he racks up points for future purchases, and receives delectable offers like free bottles of water, a bonus slice of pizza, and an unneeded Milky Way candy bar. He somehow managed to get back into his account a day or two later. He's not sure if that was due to him sending a demand to FAQ about getting his 760 points restored (pretty sure that's not a frequently asked question), or if the clerk magically fixed his problem.

Anyhoo...on Monday, at 10:28 a.m., I got a text from Farmer H, who was up at his Storage Unit Store rearranging his treasures.

"HM i finally figured out how i got back in my caseys thing. I put your phone number in so just use your number when you buy stuff."

"I don't want my number on that!!! You have a new account now, and it's MINE! Now I'll get scammers on my number. I didn't make an account ON PURPOSE, because I don't use my number for anything like that."

"It wont send you anything it comes to my email no you wont and ill figure out how to change it later"

SWEET GUMMI MARY!

Farmer H figuring out how to change the number would be like the blind leading Indiana Jones through the Temple of Doom.

Anyhoo...I was in that Casey's on Monday afternoon. When I cashed in my scratchers for new ones, I dutifully punched in MY OWN PHONE NUMBER to get points for Farmer H's account.

"Do you want your free donut?"

"Um. No. My husband takes all the free stuff. In fact, it's HIS account, but he used my phone number. HE'S the guy who keeps getting locked out of his account."

"OH! So your husband is Farmer H?"

"That's right."

"I know I tried to help him this morning, and he came back in and said he didn't get his points! THEN he said, 'Oh. I had you use my wife's phone number.'"

"Yeah. We're going to have a talk about that! If I wanted to use my number, I would have set up my OWN account!"

Yes. Farmer H's influence reaches far and wide. Or at least spans 5 miles across Hillmomba.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Why don't you tell him how powerful and influential he is?

River said...

I think you should have taken HIS free donut...(evil laugh here)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Because there's no way I could elevate his opinion of himself already!

***
River,
Casey's DOES have tasty donuts! Maybe I will next time. I can always tell Farmer H there must have been someone else that used his (my) account by mistake!