Saturday, February 15, 2020

If He Had A Brain, He'd Take It Out And Play With It, And Lose It Down In The Cushions Of The La-Z-Boy

Sweet Gummi Mary! Farmer H has been all abuzz lately about his Casey's account. He wants me to credit all my purchases to his account number, which is his cell phone number. I'm okay with that. It doesn't cost me anything. I wouldn't use such an account myself. So I punch in Farmer H's phone number when I buy gas and scratchers at Casey's.

In fact, last evening, I mentioned that Farmer H's Casey's account must be getting pretty healthy, what with me most likely adding more points to it than he did.

"Huh. They're always giving me stuff! The other day, I got a free slice of pizza! I bought one for lunch, and they said I was entitled to an upgrade! Just this morning, I got a free bottle of water!"

Farmer H pulled out his phone, to check on his points. For some reason, I pictured the king in his counting house, counting out his money.

"I have 765 points. Whatever that means. Wait a minute! It kicked me out! Or maybe I hit SIGN OUT by mistake. Well...now it's not letting me log back in. Huh. It says my password or email is wrong. So I hit that I forgot my password, and it says there is no account associated with my email!"

Farmer H must have entered that info 10 times. I suggested that he look back in his emails, to see what his email account was that they'd sent it to.

"I don't know, HM. I don't have any record of Casey's sending me an email."

"How do you get your offers?"

"They just pop up. In the top corner. And I click on them."

"So is it by text? Sprint keeps sending ME texts with offers. Or maybe you used another email for that account. Like when you had your work email."

"No. I used my regular email. The girl typed it in for me."

"Maybe she spelled your name wrong. Instead of using the double letters. Or maybe she capitalized it. I'm always having to tell people 'no caps.'"

"She asked me to spell it. But I didn't tell her anything about capitals."

"Try it using your capitals."

"Still no account."

Farmer H spent 80 minutes fiddling with that Casey's account! I did not have a solution. I figure the account is linked to his phone number, and the email was just for recovery of the password. When I left the Room of the Unknown (Account) Holder, Farmer H was trying to open a new account. I don't know how that worked out for him. I guessing unsuccessfully.

Farmer H had already stated his last resort: "I'll ask them girls to help me when I go to Casey's in the morning."

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm sure those Casey girls will be glad to help him...

HE is using points that YOU help accrue? He's a point-stealer.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Oh my gosh! He SAID the Casey's girl tried to set up a new account with his email, but they said it was already taken by another account. THEN she changed his password. At home, he couldn't get into it again. He was missing out on a FREE MILKY WAY!!!

While I was sitting there before he left for the auction, he said he had an EMAIL from Casey's. But it wouldn't let him enter his password. I read the email. It was from 7:48 AM, and said he had 30 minutes to use that link to change his password. No wonder it wasn't letting him in at 5:30 PM.

THEN I read that he needed a capital, a lower-case, and a number, in at least 8 characters for a password. That was news to him!

THEN he said that when the Casey's girl set his new password, she might have used a capital letter, and he didn't think he had been when trying to log in. He tried it, and IT WORKED!

THEN it showed he had ZERO points. I guess maybe you lose them when you reset? Doesn't seem fair. I spent a lot to get him those points!

River said...

What a muddle up. I don't bother with any of those rewards points systems. I don't care what they're offering, I just don't shop enough to earn enough points to get anything. it's all just a big scheme to get people spending more money. Farmer H shouldn't be eating Milky Ways anyway.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It takes longer to complete the transaction, waiting for the register to accept the phone number info for rewards. Progress makes convenience stores inconvenient! I agree that Farmer H does NOT need a Milky Way! Especially when he goes there every morning for DONUTS!