Thursday, February 27, 2020

Something Tells Me Farmer H Is Not Meant To Have Saver Points

Oh my gosh! The saga of Farmer H's quest for Casey's saver points continues!

Tuesday, I stopped by the School-Turn Casey's on the way to get a copy of The Pony's birth certificate. I went inside with the sole purpose of buying scratchers. I didn't take my $25 worth of winners to cash in. No siree, Bob! I took a twenty dollar bill, and bought four tickets. I'd cash in those winners later when I got my magical elixir at the Gas Station Chicken Store.

I was confident. Smug, even. Knowing that I was outsmarting Casey's, making that cash purchase to get Farmer H's points. I waited until the clerk was ringing up the tickets. The ENTER thingy came on for the phone number to punch in for points. I put in my own phone number for Farmer H's account. I pushed enter. I even asked for the receipt.

"Okay. We're good." Said the clerk, meaning I should get on out of there.

"Can I have my receipt, please? To show my husband that I entered his points?"

She gave me a funny look, and then handed me the receipt. I didn't have my glasses on, and just glanced at it. I saw Farmer H's name at the bottom. So I knew the points had gone into his account.

After the birth certificate, and mailing it in a small package at the main post office, I proceeded to the Sis-Town Casey's. I wanted to get two more tickets, to put in Genius's letter this week. New tickets came out on Monday. I like to get them at the beginning, because I think they put a lot of winners up front, to entice people to buy them all month.

Anyhoo...I went inside, and I'll be darned if it wasn't that wench who said she was putting in my gas and scratcher points last week, and DID NOT. But her line was open, and she called me over. I bought two tickets. As she rang them up, I punched in my phone number. I also asked her for my receipt.

"Can I have the receipt? To see that I got my points."

She got a look on her face like, "Oh, crap!" But she gave me the receipt.

Here's the deal. When I got over to the Gas Station Chicken Store, I moved the receipts from my glasses case to my purse. But first I looked at them, with my glasses on.

The one from School-Turn Casey's showed Farmer H's name and account, but no points. I figured maybe that's how they do it. Maybe he has to look up the points online.

The receipt from Sis-Town Casey's did not show anything other than my purchase of two scratchers, and the total. Not Farmer H's name. No numbers for his account. Doggone it! That gal had done it again! I was livid! But at least the receipt had her name at the top. Heh, heh! EVIDENCE.

I explained the situation to Farmer H when he got home. He looked up his points. NONE of them went into his account! He said maybe that girl didn't know how to put the points in, and was faking it. Farmer H thinks the clerk has to push some button on the register to make them count. He said he would ask "his girls" at the Hillmomba Casey's the next morning.

WELL! According to Farmer H's girl, points are not allowed for the purchase of LOTTERY, ALCOHOL, or TOBACCO! That's poppycock! People might as well buy that stuff elsewhere, if they're not getting credit for their purchases. Besides, they HAVE given me points for lottery at that very Casey's. And why, then, could I not get credit for my GAS over at the Sis-Town Casey's?

Muddling matters even more, we got the points for lottery at the Steelville Casey's on our way home from Oklahoma.

I think Casey's has a lot of left hands who don't know that the right hands are doing.

They shall rue the day they upset Mrs. HM. When I get my gas on Friday, I'm going to pay for the gas. Enter my points. Get my receipt. Then say, "Oh, I also want to buy some scratchers." Heh, heh! They won't get me out of line that easily. They'll have to do TWO transactions, rather than one.

I'll show THEM!

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yeah, I'm sure that will send them into a tizzy. After you leave, they'll probably go all cashier and take their soda fountain hoses and spray a deadly spray of carbonated beverages at a bunch of innocent customers.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, fiddle-dee-dee! I'll be gone by then. At least out the door and inside T-Hoe. The door locks still work. Sometimes extra.

River said...

I don't know how the system works, so I don't know what earns points and what doesn't. But I think they might learn a thing or two once you start buying gas and other items separately to get points.
I think maybe you should ask for the manager and have him stand by while you buy things and ask for points, that way he can instruct the girls in proper points procedure.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! That would make me really popular! I'd be like Norm walking into Cheers. Everybody would know my name, but not in a good way.