Saturday, November 12, 2022

You Could Cut The Condescension With A Knife, And Shovel It Into A Wheelbarrow

Just one more way Farmer H spreads his joy around Hillmomba, if not the world...

When we left my doctor appointment on Monday, the first thing I did upon climbing into A-Cad was take that mask off my face.

"Do you ever need a mask? Like when you go for one of your tests? Do you want me to leave this one in the car? I only had it on less than an hour."

"Nah. If they say I need one, I tell them that THEY have to provide it for me. So I don't need yours."

"Okay. I guess I can leave it in here just in case. I can tuck it up here on the sun visor, unless you think it might be in the way."

"Nobody else rides in here. It's fine."

"I mean, if you use the visor, the mask will drop down."

"Heh, heh! Why would I use THAT visor? I'm driving! I don't ride over there!"

Such an air of superiority oozed from Farmer H that I felt the slime seeping out of him. Sweet Gummi Mary! It's amazing that I've managed to live to this ripe old age, what with me being so clueless about the usage of sun visors.

"Um. Many people flip down the passenger seat sun visor when the sun is blazing in from this side while they're driving..."

How could Farmer H not know that?

4 comments:

River said...

Is that his blind side so he just doesn't see the blazing sun? also sharing a mask doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sounds like somene I know! He is the opposite about the visors in our vehicles, using them as a place to store things. Like straws, reciepts and business cards handed to him. If I ride I like the visor down. I am short and the sun will hit me staright in the eye, but it requires gathering up all his "treasures"in order to put the visor down. He complains loudly.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
No, his other side is his blind side. I'd hate to encounter a microbe that can survive for weeks on a mask perched atop a sun visor! I'm pretty sure the dry air would kill anything I picked up in my hour inside the hospital. If it was already in me, Farmer H would already be exposed! I'd be more concerned about MYself when I picked up a mask that the sick person ahead of me might have touched in getting the one on top of it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's why I asked if Farmer H used that visor. I hate things falling down when you are in need of that visor in a hurry. Usually doesn't happen, unless Farmer H has driven T-Hoe and stuffed a receipt up there.