Friday, April 19, 2024

Farmer H's "Trying To Kill Me" Plan Might Actually Be Working

Have I ever mentioned that I'm pretty sure Farmer H is trying to kill me? I think that I have. His latest tactic appealed to my appetite. He brought home a cheesecake from the auction Monday.

"There's a cheesecake in the fridge if you want some. I paid $25 for it, because it was for charity."

"That's a lot for a cheesecake!"

"Yeah. But since it was for charity, I didn't mind. It's like a Walmart cheesecake. With the different kinds."

Farmer H himself loves cheesecake. We usually have it in the freezer, and take out one piece at a time to thaw or not. I don't care that he bought this cheesecake. It's his auction money. Didn't cost me (or us) a thing. It was generous of Farmer H to offer me some, though he almost always does this with auction food.

Farmer H ate a slice of the Strawberry Swirl on Tuesday evening. He skipped it on Wednesday night. But I tried a slice of the New York Style. This cheesecake assortment is only a 6-inch diameter. Not the full-size selection. So It was only a little bitty slice.

That cheesecake tasted off. I attributed it to me being used to the frozen version, not the refrigerator version. But on Thursday, I told Farmer H:

"I'm not eating any more of your cheesecake. So feel free to have whatever kind you like. I tried the New York Style on Wednesday night, and it seemed off. Now I have to poop. And it's not my pooping time. It's been about 21 hours since I ate the auction cheesecake."

Farmer H had no comment, other than, "Well, mine seemed a little off..." Then he ate TWO pieces! The Strawberry, and the Chocolate Swirl. I, myself, had been interested in sampling the Brownie version. But the roiling of my poop stomach dissuaded me.

We'll see if Farmer H suffers any ill effects. I just can't trust an auction cheesecake, which might have been at room temperature for a while before Farmer H's bid.

6 comments:

River said...

I'm sorry the cheesecake was off, the flavours sound so enticing. Hope your stomach has settled by now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That cheesecake is still in FRIG II, sitting with impunity upon the same shelf as my daily Diet Shasta Cola. I was sorely tempted again last night, to try that "brownie" slice. But my stomach yelled, "ARE YOU CRAZY?" So I resisted. My unfortunate bout of indisposedness only last 24 hours. Farmer H seemed to suffer no ill effects. In fact, I think he ate a slice of the brownie version last night.

River said...

How can he eat it at all knowing it is off?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He pretends it isn't off! Didn't have any tonight. So it's been in FRIG II since Monday. Farmer H said, "Well, it wasn't left out when I had it!" Yeah. But he doesn't know what happened to it before he bought it.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It make you sick, so he then ate TWO pieces? What is wrong with him? It did make me laugh!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
As if you think there's an answer to "What is wrong with him?" Heh, heh! That cheesecake is still in FRIG II. I am tempted to throw it out without telling Farmer H, to protect him from himself.