Monday, April 29, 2024

That's The Sound Of Mrs. HM's Heart Cracking

I feel so bad for The Pony. He is going through tough times. There was a dog incident this week that I did not talk about. And he slipped during the rain on Friday, skinning up his shin and ankle. Also, one of his best friends suffered a criminal incident. THEN, on Sunday, The Pony discovered that all of his freezer food had thawed.

"I guess I didn't close the freezer all the way, the last time I got ice. Now all my food is squishy, and I have to throw it away."

"So it's warm? Or just thawed, and you can cook it and eat for a couple of days?"

"It's been cold even though it was wet all through. There was still ice in the icemaker. But I haven't gotten any ice water since Friday morning. So, it's long enough I don't trust it."

"Yeah. I guess that's too long. From Friday morning until Sunday afternoon. Overnight would have been okay to cook and eat. But that's a long time."

My poor sweet Pony. The Universe owes him a break.

4 comments:

River said...

I am so sorry to hear about all that wasted food. The accidents too of course, but the food is a more expensive accident. I bet he remembers to shut the freezer door properly from now on.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes. That's terrible. Not even so much the expense, but the fact that The Pony has little time to go shopping after work. He gets ice every morning to put in water jugs for work. Hopefully this incident will be a reminder to close that freezer door.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It always hurts me to have to toss food! Poor Pony, I feel for him. I think it might be time for some good things to happen for him!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
We're still waiting. The Pony had a laundry issue this morning. Something in a pocket stained a whole load.