Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Queen Bee And The Pea(like implement of torture)

Mrs. HM is no princess, but some might refer to her as a bit of a queen bee. Her royalty status was confirmed on Monday afternoon, in an incident in her master bathroom.

I was getting ready for my shower when I stepped up to the sink to brush my teeth. OUCH! Ow, ow, ow, ow! That sure did smart! I moved my left foot, and looked down to see that I had trod upon one of Farmer H's dropped pills on the rug in front of the sink.


It really should not have hurt that much. Or at all. It was a little gel pill, shown here on the counter with a penny that fell out of my pocket a day earlier, that I had set aside for Farmer H's collection. In addition, I had my foot wrapped in an Ace bandage, because bones in the top, over the arch, have been hurting lately. Arthritis, I guess. The wrap makes it feel better when clomping around the Mansion in my Crocs.

Anyhoo... if such an incident doesn't prove my place in a royal bloodline with that Pea Princess, I don't know what would!

4 comments:

River said...

Dear Princess Val, I have the same over the arch bones problem, but mine only hurt at the end of the day when I take off my shoes and put my feet up. I'm not sure it is arthritis, though yours may be and probably is. Mine is because of the fallen arch with the underfoot tendon being too tight I suspect. The one that connects the heel bone with the ball of the foot. I'm supposed to do a bunch of exercises daily that don't include sitting by the computer for hours at a time.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
My pain comes and goes. Since I basically do the same activities every day (mostly NOTHING), I'm not sure what triggers it. But the wrapping up helps it, so there's that.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

That looks like a Vitamin D capsule. I feel everything I step on, even in shoes. HeWho says I am making up my reports of pain. He could step on a lemon and not even reaize it!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'm not sure what it was. I don't think Farmer H takes Vitamin D in that form. My mom used to have Vitamin E like that, I think. But I'm not aware of Farmer H taking it. We are both royalty!