Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Apparently, It Was Not Pony-Tested

The Pony came out on the Sunday before Farmer H's surgery. We had plans to listen to the newest release from the composer we both like. The one who wrote "The Dolls of New Albion," the first one The Pony used to introduce me to his work. It's a steampunk opera about bringing people back to life in doll bodies. 

Anyhoo... we picked up Domino's Pizza for lunch/supper. The Pony was having rum and Diet Pepsi, adding fresh lime juice by using my squeezer. Then something happened...


The Pony broke my squeezer!!! I've had it for many years. It's squeezed limes and lemons for my beverages. All the way back to when I was getting my daily 44 oz Diet Cokes from the fountain at the Gas Station Chicken Store. I loved my squeezer. Never imagined that some calamity could befall such a kitchen staple.


The Pony is stronger than either of us thought!!! That metal sheared right off, on a regular squeeze. They were not even tough limes. Just the little thin-skinned kind, of which half fits in the shape of the squeezer with room to spare.

The Pony took the carcass home! Maybe for a souvenir. I don't know any other use for it. I would have thrown it away. No need saving the metal bones to mark the end of an era.

But don't you fear. Mrs. HM has found herself another squeezer!


Sadly, it was not in my favorite color of green. But there it was, across the aisle in 10Box, just waiting for me to pick it up. I had feared I might need to order one online, since I don't shop at the Devil's Playground. I haven't noticed squeezers in the grocery stores. Then again, I hadn't been looking for them. This one is nothing special. I just left the tag on to show that it was new. It's not like a top-of-the-line squeezer. It came from 10Box, for cryin' out loud!

A yellow squeezer will work just fine. Until The Pony gets ahold of it...

No comments: