Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Oh, NO! Let's Not Weaken The Sauce!

At the Gas Station Chicken Store on Saturday, I was behind a lady buying scratchers. She turned to me, looked at the ticket in my hand, and asked if I had a big winner.

"Not real big, but $30 on a $10 ticket. So it's pretty good."

"You know, I can buy tickets from other gals in here, but I don't win. I have better luck with Fave."

"I KNOW! You don't have to tell ME about it!"

The Lady thanked Fave after the transaction, and started toward the door.

"Did you eat your eggs?"

"Yes. For breakfast. And my grandma says thanks for the tomatoes, too."

"You're very welcome."

"Oh, and good luck."

"You notice I didn't leave until you told me good luck! I always make sure of that."

Anyhoo... I won $35 that day on my Fave tickets. I was back on Sunday, the only customer in the store. After cashing in winners and getting new tickets, Fave said "See you on Thursday!" and I went out to T-Hoe to write on my tickets. I was startled to see the side door open, and Fave step out.

"I just wanted to come out and tell you GOOD LUCK. I think I might have forgotten."

"That's good! I wouldn't want that other lady to get all the good luck!"

Heh, heh. Fave must be raking it in from passing on all that good luck. She gives off positive energy, and it comes back to her in the form of tickets and eggs and tomatoes. I'm sure anybody winning a big jackpot won't forget about Fave.

No comments: