Wednesday evening, the news was finishing up right before I had Farmer H's supper ready. I walked past his recliner, seeing a story about the Kansas City Chiefs football team's stadium going back to its original name of Arrowhead Stadium.
"Oh. I thought they were moving to Kansas."
"They ARE. They're building a new stadium there."
"Well, there goes a bunch of revenue, lost for Missouri!"
"No. It's 3 billion dollars, and Kansas is paying."
"What's that got to do with anything?"
"You said, 'There go a bunch of revenue bonds.'"
"No. I said IT'S REVENUE LOST FROM MISSOURI! From all the ticket and concession and souvenir money that people would spend, and the hotels and restaurants."
"Oh. I thought you were talking about the bonds to pay for the stadium."
"You are a lot of work!"
I think Farmer H needs a 3 billion dollar set of hearing aids.
4 comments:
I'd settle for 3 billion dollars...
River,
That could certainly make talking to a deaf person in denial more tolerable!
I am beginning to believe that no hearing aids will help The Patient! If he asks what I said and I raise my voice just a little he dramatically grabs his ears and tells me that I do not have to yell. I find this confusing. I have to listen to the TV so loud that I fear my ears are going to bleed. You think yours is trying to plot your death, while I am sure mine is trying to make me go crazy (or crazier, as the case may be). A vacation on the mental ward is not
scary to me!
Kathy,
Imagine how relaxing a mental ward vacation would be for you! Farmer H has the TV volume on 32, blaring Gunsmoke at me all evening. But when he goes to bed, and puts it on my cooking channel, he turns it down to 24. He SAYS so the sound won't bother him while he's sleeping in the bedroom with the door closed, and his breather blowing...
Post a Comment