Thursday, January 5, 2012

OAAAT For The Pony

I have a plan. A plan that will get my Mansion in tip-top shape before the Spring Cleaning season. All I have to do is work on one area per day. Not even a full room, necessarily. But an area. Maybe it's the kitchen counter. Or a clothes rack in the laundry room. Or the corner desk in my bedroom. One. Area. At. A. Time. I could call it the OAAAT plan. I'm sure The Pony would buy into it.

The Pony is my legs. I sort stuff and plan their disposal. The Pony is my gofer. He brings me cleaning supplies and carts away items. We're a good team. A finely-oiled machine. The #1 son brings production to a grinding halt. He's the squeaky wheel. The unmeshed cog. We have to save our OAAAT for a time when #1 is away. Or face down in his bed.

Here I am, sounding like the Mansion is a Hoarders house. No. Cluttered, but not hoardy. You don't have to walk on dead cats and dirty diapers and piles of thrift-store treasures to get around. You watch Hoarders, don't you? So you can say, "Wow. My house is nowhere near that bad. It's a regular sterile operating room compared to THAT house." Yeah. Me too. I used to watch it on the BBC when it was called How Clean is Your House, with those British ladies, Kim and Aggie. Same premise. Different name and channel. A real feel-good series, but don't watch while you're eating.

Yes, it's quite the clever clean-up plan. I started it on Monday. Okay, so by Wednesday I didn't feel like cleaning an area. Not on the day before going back to work. But still. I think it's doable.

The kitchen nook and counter think so, too. The Pony has not yet weighed in.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I tackled my sewing room. Took two days, but I am so inspired now. I might do the closet next.

labbie1 said...

Oh yeah--Hoarders--Watch all the time. It really motivates me to keep count of the living creatures (or the ones that SHOULD be living!)at the very least! LOL

Love your OAAAT Plan! You go girl--and Pony!