Monday, January 9, 2012

With A Little Help From Novartis

Well, well. Checking out news of the world on Google today, a recall caught my eye.

Did you know that Bufferin is being recalled by the manufacturer? You do now. Also Excedrin, Gas-X, and No-Doz. Since I don't use the other ones, they were of no consequence to me. I'm a regular Rooster Cogburn, telling those other drugs, "Stand clear. I got no interest in you today."

Seems that there was a manufacturing mix-up, and pills or pieces of strong painkillers could have been packaged with these over-the-counter drugs. Painkillers like percocet.

Are you freakin' kidding me?

Isn't that going to make a bunch of people run out and buy those over-the-counter products with hopes of snagging an illicit painkiller or two? Or make others file claims against Novartis, the manufacturer, for alleged incidents of unwanted ingestion?

Or not. Maybe other folks are not as jaded as I am.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

My first thought was "why would percocet in my excedrin be a bad thing?". Then "hey, honey while you are out how about picking up some bufferin ........"

Hillbilly Mom said...

See? I knew I wasn't the only one who would perceive the situation in that manner.

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

RRealllly? Where are these bottles of dangerous drugs? I would like to help clear the shelves!

Hillbilly Mom said...

MommyNeeds,
At The Devil's Playground, I suppose. Though they were all out this morning when I checked. Go figure! Maybe Not-Right-Aid has some.