Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Salt Mine Beckons

Well, we're off to school on Monday. So much for our holiday. I suppose Thursday and Friday off was better than just a Monday. But now I want Monday, by cracky!

I have parking lot duty on Monday morning and afternoon. Now my stuff is not prepared for when I rush through the door to start my day. I always make sure everything is all set up on Friday afternoon. The assignments written on the board, the materials laid out, nothing to do but log on at my control center, and hot-foot it out to the cold parking lot. Because I don't get back to my room until the first bell. The students beat me there. No cushion of time to take off the coat, prop open the door, put away my phone, and unlock my computer. It's a rat race to get started first hour. Lucky for me, second hour is my plan time. I can regroup. In fact, that's the ONLY advantage to second hour plan time.

I don't suppose a phantom freeze will roll in overnight to put the kibosh on work.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sorry, I need the roads clear tomorrow for my trip to buy tile. Don't be so greedy!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Is it so wrong to wish for a five-day weekend? I think not. I'm not wishing for a Day After Tomorrow global freeze, you know. Perhaps just an early-morning ice event in Hillmomba. That would leave other parts of Missouri clear. Or in the very least, it could melt by noon.

But that scenario was not to be. And as punishment for my greediness, I was buffeted by 40 mph winds as I sat on the concrete retaining wall to do my parking lot duty. Lucky for me, I had my new berber coat that I acquired in a smart internet deal just before Christmas, at 60% off, AND free shipping! And it has a HOOD! So I was not cold. Neither was my stylish lady-mullet besmirched by the gales.

Even Steven and I are good.

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

School on MLK day? Get out! I think the schools here would sooner be open on Christmas Day.

Hillbilly Mom said...

MommyNeeds,
Well, we always SCHEDULE that day off. But snow prevails. It's our first make-up day.