Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Reason, Perhaps, Why Hillbilly Mom Does Not Have Her Own Cooking Show

"What stinks?" The #1 son has always been an inquisitive sort.

"The beginnings of supper."

"That's terrible!"

"It's just something you people spilled on the burner that I was not aware of."

"YOU PEOPLE! You can't call us YOU PEOPLE!"

"I just did. I know that I didn't spill anything on the burner, because as YOU PEOPLE all tell me, I don't ever cook anything. All I do is heat something in the microwave or warm it in the oven. And now that I am actually cooking something, you have the nerve to say, 'What stinks?'"

The Pony came up from the basement. "What's that smell?"

"Your supper."

"Hmm." The Pony went into the kitchen to check out my dinner prep.

"I know! I walked out of my room and it smelled like a dirty diaper." Now #1 finds something to discuss with his brother.

"It DOES smell like a dirty diaper!"

"Oh, I'm so sure I am cooking a dirty diaper. Like I kidnapped a baby and fed it and fed it until I got it to poop, and then took the dirty diaper and threw it in a pot to boil on the front burner."

"Well. That's just what it smells like. A diaper."

"We'll just have to see how it tastes, I guess.

Something tells me that Paula Deen never had this problem.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

And when The Genius moves away and has to fend for himself, he'll be thrilled to sink his teeth into a dirty diaper...as long as the DD meal doesn't cost him anything...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, and as long as it takes no preparation on his part.

Chickadee said...

They obviously have never smelled a dirty diaper.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
Yeah. That's what I was thinking.