Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This Is What Teachers Look Forward To

I'm down to a dozen days of school remaining. Not a freaky baker's dozen, from a dough-kneader who can't count on his fingers and big toes. A regular dozen. One-twelfth of a gross.

Two days of duty remain. And a rush of testing, book-collecting, paper penny bridges, straw towers, egg-drop contests, inventory, room-cleaning, the stowing of valuables, awards assemblies, incentive days, honors banquets, cooks' choice lunch menus, graduation ceremonies, and any other duties as needed that may not be enumerated in my contract.

It's the best time of the school year!

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

MY last day is the 23rd. That is more than a dozen. Life is not fair. (griped the teacher in serious need of another dip in the Clairol hair dye vat)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, Madam, I will surely be thinking of you as I lounge on my couch eating bonbons while watching Judge Joe Brown.