Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Hillmomba Triangle Gobbles Up Another One

Oh, the weather outside is frightful.
But to The Pony it's just delightful.
School's the only place he has to go.
And the temperature and road conditions and highway department and most likely the Newmentia emergency phone tree and automated system will say...heavens no, heavens no, heavens no.

It's not good, folks. Hillmomba has frozen over. Even the main roads are not completely clear. I have not ventured out behind the wheel of T-Hoe since Thursday morning when it all started. I don't see how we can have school on Monday. There, there, my little Pony. It's going to be okay.

This storm has thrown a monkey wrench smack dab in the middle of my Christmas shopping. How is FedEx supposed to drive up this icy gravel hill, when they don't even much like to drive up the dry gravel hill, and have lied on numerous occasions about attempted delivery?

Oh, then there's the post office issue. They've lost another package. I know. Who would have ever seen THAT one coming? Perhaps you remember the package I tried to get at the main hub on Thursday. The one that was available there at 8:10 a.m. when I called, yet allegedly already out to the dead-mouse-smelling post office at 9:00 a.m. The one that had still not arrived at the stinky rodent establishment as of 11:50 a.m. on Saturday. So...stay with me here...the package was out for delivery Wednesday, too big for EmBee's mouth, taken back to the hub with a card left in its place, allegedly on its way to the mousestinkorium Thursday morning, and now GONE! Gone, baby, gone. Something is fishy in that dead-mouse-smelling post office.

I don't even know what's in that package. I think the #1 son said he was expecting something he had ordered. If he was expecting it last Saturday, and it was out for delivery on Wednesday, and has now vanished...that sounds about like the proper timeline. The sender's name is Cable. That's what it looks like on the card. I have not ordered anything from Cable. We do not have cable TV, we have satellite. It's highly likely that what the #1 son ordered was a cable. But the whole thing makes no sense to me. It's not like I order from Amazon and the sender is listed as Book.

The USPS needs to get its act together. Santa will not be amused. It's not nice to fool Mrs. Hillbilly Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a mystical place that you live in, I wouldn't be surprised if Nessie turns up in some lake or pond close to you.

Keep your camera phone ready...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Nessie will have to fight for blog time with BigFoot. Seems like only a couple of summers ago he shoved that tree over in the back yard.